Just say no to food coloring.
Guzzling cheap beer dyed green on St. Patrick’s Day is a beloved tradition that belongs to college students on spring break. You’re an adult (kind of)! So this year, step up your game with a few naturally green cocktails! These St. Patrick’s Day drinks are not only delicious, but they’ll keep you from getting pinched in case you forget to wear your green.
Table of Contents
Kickin’ Irish Mule
If you’re looking to whip up some truly festive St. Patrick’s Day drinks, Irish whiskey is a must. This lime-hued refreshment is super easy to make, and goes down even easier.
2 oz. Irish whiskey
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
3 oz. ginger ale
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Add whiskey, lime juice and ginger ale.
- Stir, and garnish with lime wedge.
Makes You Want One Mo’ Mojito
If you want to feel like you’re on a tropical getaway even though it’s technically still winter, rum is a great place to start. Shake it up this St. Patrick’s Day (literally) with a minty-green mojito.
1.5 oz. white rum
0.5 oz. simple syrup
6 fresh mint leaves
½ lime, cut into wedges
1 oz. club soda
Fresh mint sprig
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle lime, mint leaves and simple syrup.
- Add rum and fill with ice. Shake well.
- Pour into glass and top with club soda.
- Garnish with mint sprig.
Cool as a Cucumber Margarita
If tequila is more your speed, this margarita has it all – sweet, salty, and spicy in one revved-up green beverage that’s worthy of a celebration.
4-5 medium-sized lemons, juiced
3-4 limes, juiced
1 large cucumber, juiced
16 oz. silver tequila
Jalapeno Simple Syrup:
½ c. water
¼ c. sugar
2 jalapenos, sliced
- Combine sugar, water and jalapenos in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain liquid and set aside to cool.
- Pour tequila, lime, lemon, and cucumber juice into a large pitcher and fill with ice.
- Slowly stir in jalapeno simple syrup, to your liking.
- Add seeded jalapenos or cucumbers as garnish.
- Pour into salt-rimmed glasses and serve.
Go Green Bloody Mary
If you’re starting St. Patrick’s Day celebrations early in the day, try this green version of a classic brunch cocktail.
2 cups tomatillo salsa (use store-bought or make your own)
1 cup cucumber, seeded & diced
1 jalapeno, seeded & diced
2 tsp. celery seed
2 tbsp. green Tabasco
¼ c. prepared horseradish
¼ c. Worcestershire sauce
4 limes, juiced
1 c. vodka
Lime wedges for garnish
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except vodka, and puree until smooth.
- Divide vodka into 4 glasses, and add tomatillo mixture to each. Stir, and serve with a lime wedge.