If aging is one of your main concerns, you would have probably tried an endless list of remedies to fight against it. One way of doing so is focusing on specific aspects that may be contributing to this aging instead of wasting money on multiple products without thinking about how they work or whether they would work for you. Blood flow has been demonstrated to increase collagen production, which is an important contributor to a young and healthy appearance.
Why is blood flow so important?
Your face depends on blood circulation to bring oxygen and nutrients. Another equally important function of it is that it also helps to transport carbon dioxide and other waste products away from your skin, preventing a build-up of toxins.
Let’s have a look at some of the effects of bad blood circulation in your face skin:
- Your natural complexion may change. If your blood lacks oxygen it can cause skin discoloration which is why those that suffer from anemia, often notice that their skin becomes paler and sallower.
- You become more prone to spots. Spots often appear if your skin isn’t getting the nutrients it needs. Moreover, if your body isn’t able to transport enough oxygen-rich blood to your skin then it also won’t be taking the waste products away as efficiently, which can result in a build-up of toxins.
- You will experience more flare-ups. If all those waste products are building up, your skin may be more vulnerable to inflammation. Also, if your skin’s not getting an adequate supply of blood, it may struggle to remain sufficiently hydrated, contributing to skin problems such as dry skin.
- You will be more likely to have premature aging. Your skin needs a healthy amount of antioxidants. If your skin isn’t getting this supply, then it won’t be able to effectively counter the damage that free radicals molecules inflict increasing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, as well as impacting the overall integrity of your skin.
- You will be more prone to dark circles. The skin surrounding your eyes is naturally thin and delicate so, if your capillaries are transporting blood that’s less oxygenated, it can appear as bluish shadows under your eyes.
Maintaining a good blood flow can help you slow down the decrease in collagen
How can we boost blood flow?
Although it may seem like there is a lot of science behind the term blood flow, there are several ways in which you can improve your face blood flow, and they are simpler than you may initially have thought:
- Exercise. Physical activity is extremely important for getting your blood pumping. You do not need to run a marathon for that, a couple of aerobics classes each week or a gentle, low-impact exercise such as tai chi can be just as beneficial.
- Facial massages. For some, this is the best way for lymphatic drainage and improved blood circulation. A good face massage can boost blood and lymph circulation, enhancing the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Face steaming. The combination of warm steam and an increase in perspiration dilates your blood vessels and increases circulation.
- Drink water. Drinking plenty of water is essential for pretty much every area of your body, including your skin and circulatory system.
- Stop smoking. Smoking can cause the walls of your arteries to become narrower, hindering how blood is transported to your skin.
Although there are tools to easily massage your face, you can also use your fingers and other parts of your hands.
FOREO ESPADA: take your skin routine to the next level
Some people, however, may prefer more innovative methods that not only improve blood flow but also target the symptoms of bad blood flow mentioned before. In this case, we recommend a device created by FOREO called ESPADA. This product uses revolutionary technology to boost flood flow and the apparition of acne and other imperfections through blue LED light therapy and T-sonic vibrations.
The blue LED light stimulates skin regeneration minimizing imperfections, eliminating acne bacteria and breakouts and reducing inflammation, black spots and blocked pores which are some of the symptoms of poor blood circulation. The use of LED light allows this device to penetrate the skin, not only targeting visible acne but also preventing the future formation of acne.
This is in combination with T-sonic vibrations. T from transdermal because these vibrations go through the outer layer of the skin to massage and relax the tension points in the facial muscles, improving blood circulation and reducing facial imperfections.