Since we’re notorious for simplifying things when it comes to skincare, today we’re simplifying life for our customers by answering the most frequent questions our Customer Care receives regarding our new pore vacuum and microdermabrasion devices.
We’re covering the hottest questions you send to our Customer Care and social media direct messages:
1. What’s the Difference Between KIWI™ and KIWI™ Derma?
This is the most frequent question, and today, we’re here to help – in detail.
KIWI™ is a pore vacuum exclusively – it doesn’t do microdermabrasion, it doesn’t do T-sonic™ massage, but when it comes to removing blackheads and whiteheads, it does it extremely efficiently. In fact, its vacuum suction does the job so well that we’d dare to name it the best blackhead remover on the market. It comes with single perfectly functioning tip that doesn’t need to be replaced.
KIWI™ uses vacuum suction to gently yet effectively pull out deep-rooted blackheads, whiteheads, oil, and other impurities that get stuck in your pores. At the same time, blue LED destroys breakout-causing bacteria and thus prevents future breakouts. We’ve all been there at some point, thinking about how to minimize pores at home, skipping the expensive studio treatments. By extracting impurities from deep within pores, KIWI™ allows enlarged pores to shrink back to their regular size. And to prove it, we’re attaching a before and after images at the end of the post.
Meanwhile, KIWI™ derma is a microdermabrasion and pore vacuum cleaner in one device. By gently removing dead skin cells and debris, microdermabrasion encourages healthy skin renewal and helps to stimulate blood flow and collagen production – reversing flaws like scarring, pigmentation, and signs of aging. T-Sonic™ massage temporarily dilates pores, while vacuum suction gently yet effectively extracts excess oil and impurities from deep within – reducing blemishes and minimizing enlarged pores.
The device comes with three Adamas diamond tips, each to target different skin concerns. A small tip precisely exfoliates the T-zone area. Medium tip helps reduce visible fine lines and stubborn imperfections. The large tip gently exfoliates the cheeks and sensitive areas. Adamas are the sturdiest diamonds in the world, and we’re pretty proud to say that KIWI derma’s tips are so sturdy that they never need to be replaced.
Vacuum suction plays a vital role in the microdermabrasion process, enhancing its effectiveness and benefits. It aids in the exfoliation process by immediately suctioning away loosened dead skin cells on the skin’s surface and extracting impurities from the pores. It also stimulates blood flow, encouraging oxygen and nutrient delivery to the skin cells, thus promoting collagen production and supporting the skin’s natural healing process.
2. Does KIWI™ derma Unclog Pores?
KIWI™ derma was carefully developed and tested on thousands of faces in order to design perfectly calibrated vacuum suction technology – that is both gentle on the skin yet effective on impurities and can be customized with six intensity levels according to your skin’s needs on different areas of your face. Vacuum suction plays a vital role in the microdermabrasion process, aiding in the exfoliation by immediately suctioning away loosened dead skin cells on the skin surface and extracting excess oil and impurities from the pores. Or, to make it short, the answer is yes.
3. How to Use KIWI™?
Before the first use, download the FOREO For You app to register your device and activate the warranty.
1. The first step is to cleanse and pat dry your face and neck thoroughly. We recommend using FOREO LUNA™ Facial Cleansing Massager with LUNA™ Micro-Foam Cleanser 2.0 to wash away deep-seated impurities.
2. Press the universal button to turn on the device. Adjust the vacuum suction intensity by pressing the button once for each level. Access more settings via the FOREO app.
3. Gently hold the skin taut. Then press the device’s tip flat against your skin and quickly glide across your face in upward motions. Do not repeatedly glide across the same area, and do not pause in one area.
4. Once finished, gently wash your face with water and pat dry. Complete your treatment by thoroughly moisturizing your skin. We recommend using FOREO UFO™ Deep Hydration Facial Device with your preferred UFO™ Activated Mask.
Recommended usage: We recommend using KIWI™ 1-2 times per week.
4. How to Use KIWI™ Derma?
Same with KIWI™, before the first use, download the FOREO For You app to register your device and activate the warranty. The steps are then very similar:
1. Thoroughly cleansing and drying your face and neck is the first step for microdermabrasion. FOREO LUNA™ Facial Cleansing Massager with LUNA™ Micro-Foam Cleanser 2.0 will do the perfect job of washing away 99% of dirt, oil, and makeup residue.
2. Press the universal button to turn on the device and adjust the suction intensity by pressing the button once for each level. You can access more settings via the FOREO app.
3. Gently hold the skin taut and then press the tip of the device flat against your skin. Do not apply extra pressure – KIWI™ derma’s diamond microdermabrasion will work even with minimal pressure. Quickly glide across your face in upward motions, and don’t over-exfoliate. One glide per area is enough. Do not pause in one spot.
Recommended usage: We recommend using KIWI™ derma once a week for optimal results in the PM to allow your skin to heal overnight.
5. Are There Any Side Effects to Using KIWI™ and KIWI™ derma?
While both of our devices are safe to use, a side effect like short-term redness on the face could appear (as is usual with microdermabrasion and vacuum pore suction). It is also important to use the device as indicated in the manual and follow the following advice.
KIWI™ uses vacuum suction. Those with sensitive or rosacea-prone skin must use caution and care when using this device.
Do not use the device on sensitive skin or active acne lesions.
Take particular care when using KIWI™ around the under-eye regions, and do not bring the device into contact with the eyelids or eyes themselves.
When talking about microdermabrasion, that is, KIWI™ derma, there are a few things to note:
- Avoid using retinoids, peels, or other exfoliating treatments for at least three days before and after performing microdermabrasion at home. Additionally, refrain from using vitamin C products at least one week before and after the procedure to avoid over-irritation.
- It’s important to limit sun exposure before and after microdermabrasion treatment. Avoid the sun and use sunscreen at least a week before and after the procedure to prevent potential harm to the skin. We recommend using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF.
After your treatment, moisturize your skin thoroughly to hydrate skin and reduce the reddening of sensitive areas.
We suggest you to read the online manual thoroughly before use.
6. Does KIWI™ Come With Different Tips?
While KIWI™ derma comes with three Adamas diamond tips to tackle different problems on your face, KIWI™, as a pore vacuum device, does not. KIWI™ has single fixed tip that perfectly performs vacuum pore suction.
7. Can You Show Us Some Before and After Photos?
Sure! We’re happy to show off with our before and after photos:
When choosing which product suits you best, you must consider what you want to achieve. If you’d like to eliminate blackheads and whiteheads while minimizing the pores effectively, and those are the only problems your skin faces, then KIWI™ is the right product for you.
If you have a problem with scars and pigmentation, and you’d like to tackle the signs of aging with the bonus of pore cleansing, then KIWI™ derma is the suitable device for you.